What you will get from my Wagtail Tutorial:
10+ great articleswhich teach you how to build a standard blog using Wagtail CMS from scratch
An open source project (wagtail-bootstrap-blog) on Github hosting all source code of the tutorial. You can checkout the different branches to get started as you like.
A live Wagtail Demo (Wagtail Blog Demo) for you to quickly review and test the function.
For people who like to read ebook instead of blog posts, I have rewritten the book and published it on leanpub，where you can get pdf, epub, mobi version of this Wagtail tutorial.
I spend much time on this Wagtail Tutorial (10+ articles and an open source project) to help people learn Wagtail, try to make this world better.
For the better experience, I removed the annoying ads from all tutorial pages, so I can not get money from my blog.
You can support my work for Wagtail by buying my book on Wagtail, I wish I can help more people. Support My Work
Table of Contents:
- Python CMS Framework Review: wagtail vs django-cms You might want to know the difference between Wagtail and Django-CMS, the two most popular CMS framework in Python world. That is why I wrote this blog post to help people like me to make a good choice.
- Wagtail Tutorial #1: Create Wagtail Project Show you how to create a wagtail project and help you understand its main components.
- Wagtail Tutorial #2: Create Data Model Teach you how to create the data model, clarify the workflow, and create template to render content.
- Wagtail Tutorial #3: Category And Tag Support Help you add category and tag support to post page as standard CMS does.
- Wagtail Tutorial #4: Routable Page Show you how to use RoutablePageMixin to make blog app routable, so it can handle sub-URLs like category and tag links.
- Wagtail Tutorial #5: Customize Blog Post URL Teach you how to customize the permanent link of post page, and how to reverse the blog post link in the template..
- Wagtail Tutorial #6: Import Theme Into Wagtail Blog Explain how to quickly import an existing theme into wagtail blog to make our blog look more decent.
- Wagtail Tutorial #7: Add Search Function Teach you how to add search function in wagtail blog so the user can filter the posts through the keywords.
- Wagtail Tutorial #8: Add Markdown Support I will show you how to add Markdown support to our wagtail blog
- Wagtail Tutorial #9: Add LaTeX Support & Code Highlight In Wagtail In this tutorial, I will talk about how to add LaTeX support and code highlight support in our wagtail blog application.
- Wagtail Tutorial #10: Add Comment Support In Wagtail Blog In this chapter, I will talk about how to add comment support to our Wagtail Blog.
- Wagtail Tutorial #11: How to use StreamField in Wagtail I will talk about the StreamField feature of Wagtail in detail and I must say StreamField is one of the most amazing features in Wagtail.